The Onward Community Contest 2020 – Custom Maps continues through Friday, April 24 at 12 noon PT so this is your last opportunity to submit those maps!
In October, Downpour Interactive released their long-awaited custom content update for Onward, making it one of the few games to support integration of custom content across Oculus and Steam. According to the Onward dev blog, since the update players from around the world “have been sharing their unique creations with each other, and as a result there are now over 20 new maps for users to experience thrilling new environments.”
In appreciate of the community and to celebrate the integration of custom map support for the game, Onward devs announced the Community Contest 2020 at the end of February. For the past several weeks creators have been sharing their custom content and only a few more days remain for them to upload their maps.
After they are submitted, maps will be played and rated by the community through the Onward Workshop menu. Downpour Interactive will review submissions from May 18 to May 27.
- In game community ratings for submitted maps – Bonus up to 5 points
- Interesting or unique environments – 10
- Playability/Performance – 10
- Visual Details – 5
- Audio Details – 5
- Overall gameplay design – 25
- Map balance – 10
- Layout and use of space – 5
- Fun Factor – 10
A total of six winners will be announced on May 29 and each winner will receive a care package with a selection of valuable prizes.
Care packages that go to each of the six winners have a combined value of over $9,000. Each care package individually will contain the following:
- Steam gift card worth $60 USD
- Collectible helmet as seen used by the MARSOC faction in game
- Tactical Backpack
- An Nvidia RTX 2080TI Graphics Card
- Tactical Waistband
- Onward Dog tags
- Onward patches with Velcro backing that can be affixed to your gear
- Protube’s MagTubeVR gunstock
- An Onward shirt in your size of choice
How to Enter
- You must join the Onward Discord.
- Download Onward Custom Content SDK for Unity Go on the Onward Custom Content Guide. Read the Rules for Content Submission on the Onward Custom Content Guide.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Map Name
- Category of Entry (PVP, PVE or Social / Free Roam)
- Discord Username
- Ensure your email you used to submit your entry to email@example.com is the same email you use to submit your map using the Onward Custom Content SDK.
About the Game
Onward is one of the most popular first-person shooters in virtual reality and the game has an active community that encourages new players, hosts events, and features competitive VR esports through the VR Master League.
Read more about the Onward Community Contest 2020 – Custom Maps on the Onward Dev Blog, where you can also read about game updates, a monthly sitrep, and more.